The Alberta Teacher’s Association – Annual Representative Assembly (ARA2018) – on the long weekend in May 2018 approved resolutions including urging the Alberta Government to require mandatory vaccinations, without personal or religious exemptions.
Ted Kuntz has written a letter to the Alberta Teachers’ Association Executive. Alberta parents and concerned citizens can use this letter as a template to write to the executive of the Association. Please send a copy to your MLA and Member of Parliament A list with contact information is linked below.
Read Ted’s letter here:
2-18/18 (Current Directive)
Edmonton Public Teachers
BE IT RESOLVED, that the Alberta Teachers’ Association urge the Government of Alberta to require mandatory vaccinations, with no personal or religious exemptions, for all K–12 students attending schools in Alberta which receive public funds.
2-19/18 (Current Directive)
Edmonton Public Teachers
BE IT RESOLVED, that the Alberta Teachers’ Association urge the Government of Alberta to provide on-site, voluntary influenza vaccinations to all teachers, school staff and students, at no cost [to teachers or school boards].
List of and contact info for Provincial Executive Council (PEC).
Find your Alberta MLA contact information here: http://www.assembly.ab.ca/net/index.aspx?p=mla_home
Find your Member of Parliament here: https://www.ourcommons.ca/parliamentarians/en/constituencies/FindMP
ARA affirms importance of united teaching profession
“Mandatory vaccination also discussed
Delegates also thoroughly discussed a resolution (2-18) calling for the government to require mandatory vaccinations, with no personal or religious exemptions, for all students attending schools receiving public funds.
Delegates spoke to the need to ensure that immunization coverage stayed large enough to provide benefit for students or staff who have compromised immunity or are medically unable to be vaccinated.
‘Take the courageous step to say this is the right thing to do,’ said one teacher. ‘I believe in a safe and a caring school and as long as we let people opt out of vaccinations, it is not a safe school, no matter how much we care.’
Others thought the objectives of the motion could be achieved by other means.
‘Persuasion, appeal to people’s values and education are less coercive means of promoting vaccine compliance,’ argued one delegate. ‘This method is more in line with how I believe the Association needs to move forward should they wish to become involved in the highly contentious vaccine debate.’
The resolution passed.”
More about the Annual Representative Assembly that voted in favour of the resolution:
“Annual Representative Assembly
The parliament of the Association, known as the Annual Representative Assembly (ARA), is made up of 425 delegates from locals and the 20 members of the Association’s executive body (Provincial Executive Council). ARA establishes policy, approves the Association’s budget and sets fees for the various categories of membership. The ARA is held on the long weekend in May and alternates between Calgary and Edmonton.”
Ontario MPPs who refuse to sign legal vaccine exemption affidavits
See the full list of known MPPs that to refuse to assist their constituents by acting as Commissioner of Oaths for their exemption forms here.
Letter to Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne re: the office of former Ontario’s Education Minister, MPP Liz Sandals refusal to act as a Commissioner of Oaths for the Statement of Conscience or Religious Belief form 4897-64E (2013/08) under the Immunization of School Pupils Act. (PDF) – December 2015 Jan 7, 2016 Response from Kathleen Wynne. (PDF)
Letter to Ontario MPP France Gelinas (Sudbury), NDP Critic for Health and Long-‐Term Care, re: her refusal to act as a Commissioner of Oaths for her constituents wanting to complete the Statement of Conscience or Religious Belief Form 4897-64E (2013/08) under the Immunization of School Pupils Act. (PDF) – December 2015
Letter to Liz Sandals, Ontario MPP and former Minister of Education re: her refusal to act as a Commissioner of oaths for her constituents wanting to complete the Statement of Conscience or Religious Belief Form 4897-64E (2013/08) under the Immunization of School Pupils Act. (PDF) – December 2015
Letter to Prime Minister Trudeau and Health Minister Philpott (PDF) – February 2016
Health Minister Philpott’s reply to Vaccine Choice Canada (PDF) – May 2016
Related VCC Links
- Message from a Parent to Globe and Mail – End the Deception (2/14/2019)
- National Post – What Will You Do? (1/8/2019)
- Have You Experienced Bullying, Coercion, Intimidation or Refusal from an Ontario physician? (12/27/2018)
- Globe and Mail Attacks our Rights and Freedoms (7/13/2018)
- Langley School Trustees On Slippery Slope (7/3/2018)
- History of Bill 87 Ontario Vaccine Education Sessions (6/15/2018)
- Educating Alberta Teachers on Vaccination (6/15/2018)
- Manitoba Schools Executive Needs to Do Its Homework on Vaccines (3/15/2018)
- VCC Ask Media to be More Discerning (12/17/2017)
- Government Sanctioned Bullying With Ontario Vaccine Legislation (12/12/2017)
- Ontario Ministry of Health Disseminates Myths About Vaccine Safety (12/5/2017)
- Truth By Decree: Ontario’s Vaccination Exemption Form (11/29/2017)
- VCC Response to 2017 Ontario Vaccination Exemption Form (9/24/2017)
- Alberta Health & Calgary Herald – provide risk information of vaccine during pregnancy (8/14/2017)
- Ontario Bill 87 – Concerned Grandmother’s Appeal to Legislative Committee (6/1/2017)
- Ontario Bill 87 – Thoughtful submission ignored by Legislature (5/31/2017)
- Ontario Bill 87: A Registered Nurse’s Perspective (5/23/2017)
- Summary of Concerns Ontario Bill 87 – Vaccine Choice Canada (5/16/2017)
- V-Bulletin March/April 2017 (4/13/2017)
- VCC responses to Bill 87 Committee: Where there is Risk there Must be Choice (4/13/2017)
- Media Misinformation (3/14/2017)
- Ontario Resident Writes to Health Minister Hoskins re: Education Sessions (1/24/2017)
- Template letter to Premier Notley re: Alberta Bill 28 Public Health Amendment (11/28/2016)
- Alberta Public Health Amendment Bill 28 Questions – Letter to Premier Notley (11/28/2016)
- CBC Advocates for Erosion of Charter Rights (11/16/2016)
- V-Bulletin October/November 2016 (11/15/2016)
- V-Bulletin September 2016 (9/8/2016)
- VCC Holds Federal Health Minister Accountable (7/27/2016)
- 18 Facts the Ontario Government Likely Won’t Tell You in their ‘Vaccine Education Sessions’ (7/20/2016)
- Suggestions for Submissions to the Legislative Committee on Bill 198 – Now Bill 87 (5/29/2016)
- Ontario Health Unit Issues Illegal School Suspension Orders (5/19/2016)
- V-Bulletin – Spring 2016 (5/13/2016)
- Ombudsman Complaint – Ontario Ministry of Health Deceiving Canadian Parents (5/9/2016)
- Petition to the Ontario Legislature opposing mandatory vaccine “education sessions” (3/30/2016)
- Ontario Politicians – Separating personal beliefs from civic duties (1/27/2016)
- Ontario resident writes MPP Hoskins and Colle about proposed vaccine education sessions (1/25/2016)
- VCC Educates Politicians on Constitutional Rights (10/5/2015)
- Urgent Question to Canadian Political Parties re: Mandatory Vaccination (9/24/2015)
- Petitioning Canadian Medical Association No Vaccine Mandates in Canada! (8/23/2015)
- Our letter to the CMA re Resolution for Mandatory Vaccination (8/20/2015)
- VCC writes to Ontario MPPs (2/26/2015)