Printable PDF of the letter below here.
June 14, 2018
To the Attention of: Alberta Teacher’s Association
Re: Advocating to Make Vaccines Mandatory in Alberta
Dear Members of the Alberta Teacher’s Association
I am writing in response to your recent efforts to advocate for mandatory vaccinations in Alberta. While I trust these efforts are well intended, they are seriously misguided for a number of reasons.
1. Violation of Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
Currently all vaccines in Canada are voluntary. It is imperative they remain voluntary as vaccination is an invasive medical treatment with known unintended adverse effects including permanent disability and death. In Canada we uphold the medical ethic that “where there is risk, there must be choice”.
Any effort to make vaccinations mandatory in Canada would be a violation of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. The Charter protects us from government actions that violate our rights and freedoms including the freedom of conscience and religion and the legal right to security of the person. Mandating vaccines is a clear and serious violation of these rights and freedoms.
Mandating vaccines would also violate the medical ethic of informed consent, the Nuremberg Code, and the Universal Declaration of Bioethics and Human Rights – Article 6 – Consent, to which Canada is a signatory.
“Any preventive, diagnostic and therapeutic medical intervention is only to be carried out with the prior, free and informed consent of the person concerned, based on adequate information. The consent should, where appropriate, be expressed and may be withdrawn by the person concerned at any time and for any reason without disadvantage or prejudice.”
Health Canada declared in 1997:
“Unlike some countries, immunization is not mandatory in Canada; it cannot be made mandatory because of the Canadian Constitution . . . legislation and regulations must not be interpreted to imply compulsory immunization.”
-Immunization in Canada, Volume: 23S4, May 1997
2. Lack of Long Term Safety
The more important issue with regard to vaccination is the lack of evidence of the safety of the current vaccine program. The recommended vaccine schedule has never been proven to be safe in large, long-term clinical trials. While vaccines are licensed individually, their safety is not proven in the real world way in which vaccines are given – multiple vaccines at once.
Currently, the practice of monitoring the safety and effectiveness of vaccines does not follow standard science based protocols. As a result there is a lack of solid scientific evidence of vaccine safety, effectiveness and necessity.
Lack of Scientific Evidence
The lack of evidence includes the following:
- There are no long-term clinical trials that prove the safety of the current vaccine schedule.
- Most effectiveness trials are limited to the measurement of anti-bodies in the blood rather than producing verifiable evidence that the vaccine actually prevented the targeted disease.
- No safety trials exist that determine the safety of giving multiple vaccinations at once.
- No large safety trials using an unvaccinated population as the control group have proven that vaccines are safe and effective.
- The current vaccine schedule has never been tested for safety in the real world way in which the schedule is implemented.
- No clinical proof exists to support the claim that vaccines are responsible for the decline in mortality, let alone the claim of millions of lives saved.
- There are no biological studies that show injecting mercury is safe in any amount.
- No clinical trials have been conducted to establish the safety of using aluminum in vaccines.
Lack of a Neutral Placebo
Most vaccine safety trials use control groups consisting of other vaccinated populations or placebos containing aluminum. These are not true placebos. Vaccine safety trials that are conducted without a neutral placebo cannot determine if a product is safe. None of the vaccines on the current Canadian childhood vaccination schedule were tested against a neutral placebo.
The failure of the vaccine industry to use a neutral placebo undermines the integrity of Federal health agency claims that vaccines have been proven to be safe and effective. Until true vaccinated vs. unvaccinated research is conducted any claims of vaccine safety and effectiveness is an assumption and not scientifically proven. Further, many pre-licensure trials do not include patient populations most at risk of serious adverse events. This is not responsible science. In fact, this is not science.
Vaccines given in the combination schedules recommended for our children today have never been tested for safety, which makes the current practice a medical experiment. The medical practice of vaccination is an uncontrolled experiment upon our infants and children.
Vaccine safety “science” is not recognizable as science anymore.
~ James Lyons-Weiler, Ph.D.
Mr. Timothy Caulfield, Canada Research Chair in health law and policy at the University of Alberta states –
“If they are science-based, step up and be science-based. If they’re not science-based, make that explicit, and then society can have an interesting discussion about whether we should have these philosophies … as part of our health-care system.”
Unfortunately, this standard of scientific oversight is not required with the practice of vaccination. We believe it should be.
The Real Epidemic
We are currently experiencing an epidemic in our communities and it is not measles, mumps, or chicken pox. It is autism, learning disabilities, ADHD and other neurological and immunological system disorders. Autism now affects more than 1 in 45 children in Canada and is projected to affect 1 in 2 children by 2030. The impact of autism on society is catastrophic.
The members of the Alberta Teacher’s Association ought to be more aware than most of the alarming increase in the number of children with serious and chronic neurological and immunological health conditions. Thirty years ago the amount of autism, attention deficit disorder, learning disabilities, life threatening allergies and juvenile diabetes was virtually non-existent. Today every classroom has children with chronic and serious health conditions and the incidence of these health conditions is growing at an alarming rate. This significant increase in neurological and immunological disabilities has occurred at the same time the number of vaccines administered to our children has more than doubled.
3. Vaccines Contain Neurotoxins
Vaccines contain known neurotoxins. Vaccine producers use mercury (thimerosal) in the manufacture of some vaccines and as a preservative in multi-dose vials. Mercury is the most toxic substance known that is not radioactive. There is no evidence injected mercury is safe in any amount.
Aluminum is used in many vaccines as an adjuvant. The neurotoxicity of aluminum is well documented, affecting memory, cognition, psychomotor control and damage to the brain when the aluminum passes through the blood brain barrier. The amount of aluminum used in vaccines regularly exceeds the maximum amount permitted by the FDA. The science of aluminum adjuvant neurotoxicity is well described here: http://vaccinepapers.org/
Researchers are now discovering that aluminum adjuvants in vaccines can be transported into the brain and provoke ongoing chronic brain inflammation. With the 2018 Alberta vaccination schedule high quantities of aluminum are injected into an infant’s fragile micro-environment during these highly sensitive early years of brain formation.
Mercury and aluminum work synergistically such that their impact is significantly greater when given close together. Both of these neurotoxins are known to cause permanent neurological damage in children and adults.
4. Vaccine – Autism Relationship
While the Center for Disease Control and Health Canada issue statements in an attempt to reassure health consumers that there is no relationship between vaccines and autism, the scientific evidence of a relationship is compelling and disturbing. The members of the Alberta Teacher’s Association may not be aware of the following:
- A report in the Pace Environmental Law Review Journal reviewed 83 cases of vaccine-induced brain injury that resulted in an autism diagnosis, which were compensated by the U.S. Federal Vaccine Injury Compensation system http://digitalcommons.pace.edu/pelr/vol28/iss2/6
- There are now more than 146 independent studies that show a relationship between vaccines and autism.
- William Thompson, a Senior Scientist with the Vaccine Safety Division of the CDC, and the lead statistician and co-author of the 2004 CDC study that is used by vaccine proponents to deny a link between the MMR vaccine and autism, took whistleblower status in 2014 to reveal CDC scientists colluded to commit scientific fraud in order to obscure the link between the MMR vaccine and autism.Dr. Thompson claims the federal agency ordered him and his colleagues to destroy study findings that confirmed a link between the MMR vaccine and autism, prompting U.S. Representative Bill Posey to call for a Congressional investigation of MMR research fraud: https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4546421/rep-bill-posey-calling-investigation-cdcs-mmr-reasearch-fraudThis alarming disclosure is the basis of the 2016 documentary Vaxxed: From Cover-Up to Catastrophe. The media, to its discredit, has actively tried to censor this film, refused to inform the public of this significant disclosure, and has failed to advocate for a full investigation of Thompson’s claims.
- Award-winning journalist, Sharyl Attkisson investigated the vaccine-autism link and compiled an extensive list of studies that show a vaccine-autism link. (What the News Isn’t Saying About Vaccine-Autism Studies – updated November 27, 2016). https://sharylattkisson.com/what-the-news-isnt-saying-about-vaccine-autism-studies Attkisson concluded –
“The body of evidence on both sides is open to interpretation.
People have every right to disbelieve the studies on one side.
But it is disingenuous to pretend they do not exist.”
- Bernadine Healy, the former head of the National Institutes of Health, stated that the vaccine-autism link is not a “myth”. Dr. Healy disclosed that her colleagues at the Institute of Medicine did not wish to investigate the possible link between vaccines and autism because they feared the impact it would have on the vaccination program. This failure to fully investigate the vaccine-autism link is politics, not science.
There is an abundance of evidence that a vaccine-autism link exists. Asking for vaccines to be mandated without compelling and irrefutable evidence that vaccines are safe is unethical and immoral. There is no evidence that the total health outcomes of vaccinated children are better than unvaccinated children. The absence of this evidence is irresponsible and indicates vaccination is ideology rather than evidence-based medicine.
5. Misguided Concern About Measles
The impetus for lobbying efforts to mandate vaccines is often explained due to the minor increase in incidences of measles. While measles is highly contagious and inconvenient, it is a benign childhood illness in Canada. The mortality of measles in healthy children is virtually zero. During the ten-year period of 2004 – 2015 the CDC reported zero deaths attributed to measles in the US. At the same time VAERS reported 108 deaths linked to adverse reaction to the measles vaccine. A child is significantly more at risk of dying from the measles vaccine than dying due to contracting measles.
It is now recognized that childhood diseases such as measles, mumps, chicken pox and influenza prime and develop an infant’s immune response. By precluding our infants and children from natural exposure to these infectious agents, an infant’s immune system fails to develop into a strong and robust system able to mount a vigorous response to infection and provide life long protection and good health. Measles infection is shown to contribute to the prevention of cancer and coronary heart disease and the measles virus is now being used to treat some cancers.
6. Use of Aborted Fetal Tissue
The members of the Alberta Teacher’s Association may not be aware that many live virus vaccines are cultured in aborted fetal tissue. https://cogforlife.org/wp-content/uploads/vaccineListOrigFormat.pdf Many Albertans take a strong stance on the morality of abortion. To mandate the injection of aborted fetal matter into one’s children is a serious violation of personal principles and values.
7. Mandating Undermines Self Determination
What I valued most about my education was the encouragement and training I was given to be a strong and independent thinker. I was taught that it is my human responsibility to think for myself and to take ownership of my God-given capacity to think and act.
To remove individual choice from the practice of injecting known toxins, animal DNA, and foreign substances into one’s body and the bodies of our children and grandchildren is a violation of our rights as independent, free-thinking and sovereign beings.
8. Individual Variables Systematically Ignored
The vaccine industry and the media have a tendency to present vaccines as if they are one drug rather than a number of distinct and different drugs. Vaccines vary by safety, effectiveness and necessity. They also vary by manufacturer, ingredients and manufacturing process. Stating, “all vaccines are safe and effective” is like saying, “all prescription drugs are safe and effective”. Such statements are without merit.
Vaccines need to be evaluated on a vaccine-by-vaccine basis to evaluate their safety, effectiveness and necessity for each individual. Vaccine dosage is not calibrated by age, weight, immune response, gender, genetics, medical or family history, or other variables used to discern safe levels of a medical intervention. In no other area of medicine are individual variables systematically ignored. It is difficult to have confidence in a program that ignores individual patient consideration.
9. When Vaccine Mandates Are Needed
Vaccine mandates should only be considered if:
1) A disease has a high rate of mortality.
2) The disease is highly contagious.
3) The vaccine is proven to be safe.
4) The vaccine is effective in preventing transmission.
None of the current vaccines and their related diseases meets these criteria. There is no medically justified rational for mandated vaccination in Alberta.
Educators as Advocates
It is my wish that rather than advocate for the erosion of our rights and freedoms, the Alberta education system act as a buffer and a refuge for the increasing persecution of those families wishing to vaccinate selectively, delay or avoid vaccines entirely. It would also be my wish the Alberta School members be strong advocates for protecting our sovereignty, our freedom of conscience and religion, and our legal right to security of the person.
It is my hope the members of the Alberta Teacher’s Association re-consider their decision of advocating for the erosion of choice pertaining to vaccinations in Alberta and instead be advocates for truth, freedom and democracy.
I do this work in honour of my vaccine injured son.
Ted Kuntz, Parent of a Vaccine Injured Child
Vice President, Vaccine Choice Canada
Greg A Jeffery, President
Jenny L Regal, Vice President
Jason C Schilling, Vice President
H Mark Ramsankar, Past President
Dennis E Theobald, Executive Secretary
Kathy A Hoehn
Kent W Kinsman
G Michelle Glavine
Jere M Geiger
Elaine M Willette-Larsen
Robert J Twerdoclib
Don M Brookwell
Nancy L Ball
Darrin A Bauer
Markiana J Cyncar-Hryschuk
Peter F MacKay
Heather D McCaig
Katherine D Pritchard
Alberta residents, see our Take Action Page for further details.