The World Health Organization, our Federal, Provincial and Municipal governments, chief medical officers, and the mainstream media would have us believe that we are facing the biggest threat to humanity in our lifetime. Predictions of wide-spread infection with high rates of mortality persuaded governments that unprecedented containment measures were necessary to save us from certain peril.
While there is much about this season’s coronavirus that is yet to be understood, what the emerging evidence clearly demonstrates is that the majority of the population is not at serious risk of complications or mortality, and that the mathematical modeling used to justify these extreme containment measures is proving invalid.
Further, the drastic isolation measures that have been introduced by our governments for an undetermined period of time are not supported by scientific evidence, nor do they have the consensus agreement of the scientific community. There is much severe and valid criticism from recognized experts who dispute the governments’ position and response to COVID 19.
There is reason for Canadians to be concerned that an over-hyped COVID 19 pandemic narrative is being utilized to create panic and to justify the systemic violation of the rights and freedoms that form the basis of our society, including our constitutional rights, sovereignty, privacy, rule of law, financial security, and even our very democracy.
Vaccine Choice Canada has sought a legal opinion on our government’s actions, and it is clear that significant violations of our rights and freedoms are being perpetrated by our governments, health authorities, and policing bodies.
Basis for Concern:
- There is no scientific evidence to substantiate the effectiveness of “social distancing” as a medical intervention to reduce COVID 19 transmission and infection.
- The imposition of mass and indiscriminate self-isolation measures prevents the development of natural immunity necessary to secure herd immunity.
- It is the opinion of experts that efforts to suppress the virus through self-isolation measures prolongs the outbreak and puts more lives at risk, damages our economy and the mental stability and health of the more vulnerable.
- The number of deaths attributed to COVID 19 is unreliable given the inclusion of “presumptive” deaths and the failure of the medical system to differentiate between individuals dying from COVID 19 and those with co-morbidities dying with COVID 19.
- This failure inflates the risk of mortality from COVID 19 and undermines confidence in any actions based on mortality statistics.
- The presentation of the mortality data, expressed as a percentage of deaths of tested and confirmed cases, is distorting the data and creating undue fear. This data fails to include those who contracted the virus but were not tested nor confirmed and who recovered without medical intervention.
- The number of reported deaths attributed to COVID 19 is not out of “normal” range when compared to the annual mortality from influenza and pneumonia recorded through the last decade.
- There is no data to indicate that the total excess mortality in Canada has increased substantially from previous years.
- Mortality modeling by the World Health Organization, Imperial College of London, and the US Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation have all been drastically downgraded. Strategies based on these numbers are no longer valid.
- The Canadian government has not been transparent with its data, modeling, or containment exit strategy.
- The use of surveillance technologies to monitor citizens is illegal and a clear violation of our right to privacy.
- The suspension of our civil liberties is not justified by the level of risk posed by COVID 19.
- The suspension of our right to liberty, to travel, and to conduct commerce is not justified by the level of risk posed by COVID 19.
- The suspensions of our rights to participate in community and in commerce is causing substantial and irreparable harm to our economy, livelihoods, communities, and the physical and psychological well-being of Canadians. There is no evidence that these harms are being considered in the modeling.
- The closure of our courts of law is unprecedented, illegal, unconstitutional, undemocratic, unnecessary and impedes the ability of Canadians to hold our governments accountable.
- The closure of our parliaments is unprecedented, illegal, unconstitutional undemocratic, unnecessary, and impedes the ability of Canadians to hold our governments accountable.
- As of this date, the Prime Minister of Canada has not invoked the Emergencies Act. Therefore, emergency measures announced by the Prime Minister and his public statements to Canadians to “just stay home” have no legal basis or authority, are an abuse of power, resulting in confusing and unlawful messaging.
Stand Up and Protect
It is time for Canadians to stand up and protect our rights and freedoms.
It is time for our governments to answer the legitimate concerns and criticisms of experts who do not concur with our governments, nor their position and actions.
It is time for our governments to be transparent as to what “advice” they are receiving and from whom. Our government leaders and public health officers must clearly, openly, and honestly reveal the scientific evidence and data upon which these violations of the rights and freedoms of Canadians are based.
It is time to stand up and demand that government officials immediately cease relying upon distorted non-contextual data that result in policies that evoke fear, dread and panic to Canadian families and businesses.
We are facing a serious threat to the rights and freedoms guaranteed under the Constitution, and the values that make Canada a free and democratic country.
The time to stand up is now.
Vaccine Choice Canada has a long history and enviable reputation of advocating for and defending our rights and freedoms in Canada when it comes to public and individual health.
Canadians who are affected by government measures and wish to support and openly participate in actions to protect our rights and freedoms are invited to join us in our efforts.
Vaccine Choice Canada
Further reading and updates please see our COVID-19 Page.
Taking Action – Letter Campaign – a number of letter templates for writing your legislators and health authorities. Feel free to adapt as appropriate.