Below is an Open Letter from medical doctors and health professionals in Belgium, expressing alarm about the serious harm caused by the utterly unjustifiable restraints on the population.
- They call for “an end to all measures and ask for an immediate restoration of our normal democratic governance and legal structures and of all our civil liberties.” The doctors note that:
- “compulsory wearing of a mask, physical distancing, social isolation, compulsory quarantine for some groups and hygiene measures are, a cure worse than the disease.”
- “The most vulnerable groups can be clearly identified. The vast majority of deceased patients were 80 years of age or older. The majority (70%) of the deceased, younger than 70 years, had an underlying disorder, such as cardiovascular suffering, diabetes mellitus, chronic lung disease or obesity. The vast majority of infected persons (>98%) did not or hardly became ill or recovered spontaneously.
- Meanwhile, there is an affordable, safe and efficient therapy available for those who do show severe symptoms of disease in the form of HCQ (hydroxychloroquine), zinc and AZT (azithromycin). Rapidly applied this therapy leads to recovery and often prevents hospitalisation. Hardly anyone has to die now.”
- This fully documented letter of protest has already garnered signatures from: 383 medical doctors; 1,317, medically trained health professionals, and 8,562 Belgian citizens.
We, Belgian doctors and health professionals, wish to express our serious concern about the evolution of the situation in the recent months surrounding the outbreak of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. We call on politicians to be independently and critically informed in the decision-making process and in the compulsory implementation of corona-measures. We ask for an open debate, where all experts are represented without any form of censorship. After the initial panic surrounding covid-19, the objective facts now show a completely different picture – there is no medical justification for any emergency policy anymore.
Read the full letter at the Alliance for Human Research Protection (AHRP) website.
Read the List of Signatories (updated, currently 10/1/20 at 578 medical doctors and 1757 medically trained health professionals) and more from the doctors here: at http://docs4opendebate.be/en/signatories