Update May 2017: Bill 87, Protecting Patients Act (formerly Bill 198), was passed by the Ontario Legislature on May 30, 2017. This Act included, under Schedule 1, an amendment to the Immunization of School Pupils Act that forces parents to attend an “education session” in order to file an exemption to vaccination.
For a printable version of the 18 Facts in PDF format click here.
By Ted Kuntz
On December 11, 2015 the Ontario government announced its intention to introduce Bill 198, 27 a legislative amendment to the Immunization of School Pupils Act that would restrict parent’s access to legal vaccine exemptions for their children.
Parents who consciously choose not to vaccinate or to vaccinate their children selectively will be forced to attend a mandatory vaccine “education session” before being allowed to exercise a right they already have – their medical right to informed consent and their Canadian Charter rights of freedom of conscience and religion and legal right to security of the person.
Below are 18 facts the Ontario government likely won’t tell you in their vaccine education sessions:
Fact #1: The safety of the current childhood vaccine schedule has never been proven in large, long-term clinical trials. 1 18 There is increasing evidence the risks of vaccination outweigh the benefits. 2 3
Fact #2: Vaccines have not been tested for carcinogenicity, toxicity, genotoxicity, mutagenicity, or for long-term adverse reactions.
Fact #3: The current vaccine schedule has never been tested for safety in the real world way in which the schedule is implemented. 3
Fact #4: No independent trials confirm the safety of giving multiple vaccinations at once. Research shows a dose-dependent association between the number of vaccines administered simultaneously and hospitalization or death. 24
Fact #5: No long-term clinical evidence exists that show vaccinated children have better overall health than unvaccinated children. 2 4
Fact #6: There is no independent biological science that shows injecting mercury into humans is safe. There is increasing evidence that the use of mercury in vaccines increases the risk of neuro-developmental disorders. 5 25
Fact #7: No clinical studies have been conducted to establish the safety of using aluminum in vaccines. The neurotoxicity of aluminum is well documented, affecting memory, cognition, psychomotor control, and damage to the blood brain barrier. 6
Fact #8: The amount of aluminum used in vaccines regularly exceeds the maximum amount permitted by the FDA. 7
Fact #9: Most vaccine safety trials use control groups consisting of other vaccinated populations or “placebos” containing aluminum and other vaccine ingredients. These are not true placebos. 6 The failure of the medical industry to use a neutral placebo undermines the integrity of vaccine safety claims. 8
Fact #10: The US Vaccine Court has awarded more than $ 3.3 billion dollars in compensation for vaccine injuries and death since 1988. 9 This includes families whose children developed autism following vaccination. 28
Fact #11: Artificially induced immunity via vaccines is not life long. Disease outbreaks regularly occur in fully vaccinated populations. 10 19
Fact #12: Vaccine safety trials are not conducted by the government. They are conducted by the vaccine manufacturer who has no legal liability for the safety of their product.
Fact #13: Vaccine producers Merck and GlaxoSmithKline have paid billions in criminal penalties and settlements for research fraud, faking drug safety studies, failing to report safety problems, bribery, kickbacks, and false advertising. 17 22
Fact #14: The disclosures by CDC senior scientist, Dr. William Thompson, reveal the CDC has known for more than a decade that children receiving the MMR vaccine on schedule are significantly more likely to regress into autism compared with children whose parents decided to withhold the vaccine until the child was older. 11 12 13
Fact #15: The rate of autism has increased from less than 1 in 10,000 prior to 1980 to more than 1 in 45 children today. 14 Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) now affects 1 in 10 children. 15
Fact #16: Canada has one of the most aggressive vaccine schedules in the world. The number of recommended vaccines in Canada has more than doubled since 1980. Children can receive as many as 49 doses of 14 vaccines by age 6. 16
Fact #17: ALL vaccines in Canada are voluntary. Any effort to make vaccinations mandatory contravenes the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Mandatory vaccination violates the medical ethic of informed consent, the Nuremberg Code, and the Universal Declaration of Bioethics and Human Rights.
Fact #18: Canada is the only G7 nation without a national no-fault vaccine injury compensation program. 20 21 Provincial (except Quebec) and Federal governments have no duty of care if you are injured by a vaccine. 26 You are on your own.
Ted Kuntz is the parent of a vaccine-injured child. Kuntz has dedicated more than 30 years to researching the vaccine literature and is an advocate for preserving our right to informed consent. Kuntz is a member of the Board of Directors of Vaccine Choice Canada.
“The great tragedy of science – the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact.”
~ T.H. Huxley
- Inadequate Vaccine Safety Research and Conflicts of Interest
- State of Health of Unvaccinated Children
- CDC confirms the vaccine schedule and injected aluminum has never been tested
- Study: Vaccinated Children Have 2 to 5 Times More Diseases and Disorders Than Unvaccinated Children
- Thimerosal Containing Vaccines and Neurodevelopment OutcomesSafe Minds. Research Publications 2000-2013 (pdf)
- Aluminum, Autism and Alzheimer’s
- Aluminum Exposure in Neonatal Patients Using the Least Contaminated Parenteral Nutrition Solution ProductsVaccine Ingredients – A Comprehensive Guide (pdf)
- Aluminium-based adjuvants should not be used as placebos in clinical trials Vaccine. 2011 Nov 21;29(50):9289. doi: 10.1016
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program. Data and Statistics (pdf)
- A measles outbreak at a college with a prematriculation immunization requirement Am J Public Health. 1991 Mar;81(3):360-4.
- Dr. Andrew Wakefield Speaks Out on CDC Vaccine Science
- US Congressman Bill Posey – Congressman Bill Posey (R-FL) at 1:02:29 Transcript of his speech
- New Government Survey Pegs Autism Prevalence at 1 in 45
- Why Do Pediatricians Deny The Obvious?
- Government of Canada – Immunization Schedule
- GlaxoSmithKline fined $3bn after bribing doctors to increase drugs sales.
- Hepatitis B Vaccine: Helping or Hurting Public Health (pdf)
- What’s Really Behind the Current Measles Outbreak?
- The Case For a Vaccine Injury Compensation Program for Canada
- No-fault Compensation Program Overdue, Experts Say
- Merck: Corporate Rap Sheet
- Neurologic Adverse Events Following Vaccination (pdf)
- Combining Childhood Vaccines in One Visit Is Not Safe – Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons Volume 21 Number 2 Summer 2016 (pdf)
- A two-phase study evaluating the relationship between thimerosal-containing vaccine administration and the risk for an autism spectrum disorder diagnosis in the United States. Transl Neurodegener 2013; 2 (1): 25.8. Geier DA, Hooker BS, Kern JK, et al.The risk of neurodevelopmental disorders following a thimerosal-preserved DTaP formulation in comparison to its thimerosal-reduced formulation in the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS). J Biochem Pharmacol Res 2014;2(2):64-73.9. Geier DA, Kern JK, King PG, Sykes LK, Geier MR.An assessment of the impact of thimerosal on childhood neurodevelopmental disorders. Pediatr Rehabil 2003; 6 (2): 97-102. Geier DA, Geier MR.
- Adam, Abudu v. Ledesma-Cadhit et al, 2014 ONSC 5726 (CanLII)
- Ontario Strengthening Provincial Immunization Program
- Unanswered Questions from the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program: A Review of Compensated Cases of Vaccine-Induced Brain Injury