A concerned citizen contacted Vaccine Choice Canada (VCC) about an online survey at ISideWith.com that indicated Canadian political parties were in favour of mandatory (required) vaccination. VCC e-mailed the political parties mentioned in the survey (see below) on September 22, 2015 reminding the parties that this position is illegal and unethical. We also contacted additional Canadian political parties that were not included in the ISideWith survey on September 23, 2015. VCC will be posting responses to our inquiries as we receive them (see below for responses received to date).
Dear Green Party of Canada,
Attention: Julian Morelli, Director of Communications, Green Party of Canada
RE: URGENT QUESTION FROM VACCINE CHOICE CANADA
A concerned citizen brought to our attention an online survey that indicated that the Green Party is supportive of forced (required) vaccination of children. This citizen had completed an online poll “Federal Election 2015 How do your beliefs align with each political party?” at http://canada.isidewith.com/. Upon completing this poll, this citizen was shocked to find these responses:
“So I get to the end of the poll and it tells me what party I’ve most sided with. For one of my most important concerns I find:
New Democratic: Yes, they are essential to protecting other children who are too young to be vaccinated
Green: Yes, but only for deadly transmittable diseases
This would be a significant challenge to our rights as citizens of Canada. Legislation and other coercive measures being considered by various levels of government, as well as educational institutions and employers, to impose an invasive medical procedure upon unwilling and non-consenting Canadians is illegal.
These actions would deprive Canadians of their Charter Rights to fundamental freedoms of conscience and religion and legal right to security of the person. These actions would also deprive Canadians of their medical right to informed consent, defined as the right to accept or decline any medical procedure or treatment.
There is an organized and carefully orchestrated effort to impose artificial immunization upon all citizens. This attempt is unconstitutional and will lead to a Charter Challenge.
A decision of such significance and impact should require thoughtful dialogue supported by extensive and rigorous clinical evidence. This is not occurring. Instead we have a one-sided conversation that is fear-based and adversarial rather than evidence-based and thoughtful.
When the Canadian Medical Association announced they were putting forward a resolution at their recent conference to mandate vaccines for Canadian school children the public response was quick and passionate. Over 5,000 people signed the petition in 12 days in opposition to such a resolution. The following statement from the petition site details why such a move is illegal and unethical:
- It is illegal to mandate vaccines in Canada without personal and religious exemptions due to the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- Mandating vaccinations without personal and religious exemptions would breach the following laws, codes and conventions on Informed Consent which is the right to understand the risks of medical treatments and the right to choose or refuse them:
– Canadian Medical Law
– Provincial regulations such as Ontario’s Health Care Consent Act
– The CMA’s own medical code of ethics
– International Conventions to which Canada is signatory, including
– the Nuremberg Code, and Helsinki Accords and the UNESCO Universal Declaration on Bioethics and Human Rights
- As a matter of justice, a policy of mandatory vaccination which carries medical risk must be accompanied by a vaccine injury compensation program. Unlike every other Western nation except Russia, Canada does not have such a national compensation program in place.
Mandatory vaccination threatens our basic human rights because it:
- Undermines the right of families to protect their children from unwanted medical interference
- Invalidates the personal freedoms of conscience and religion and the legal right to security of the person guaranteed to all citizens by the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- Violates our right to know and understand what we are putting in our bodies, and to refuse unwanted medical treatments, whether ‘preventive’ or ‘therapeutic’
- Ignores the thousands of vaccine adverse events reported in Canada each year and health injuries that are occurring – the majority to young children
- Exposes families to the risk of vaccine injury and death without any National vaccine injury compensation program
- Changes our relationship with the medical profession, making Doctors into medical enforcers and Judges, rather than professional resources we consult with in order to make our own medical decisions
Comment Review – No Vaccine Mandates in Canada Petition can be seen here: http://vaccinechoicecanada.com/in-the-news/comments-review-no-vaccine-mandates-in-canada-petition/
Please contact us as soon as possible to provide us with the Green Party’s Platform with regards to mandatory vaccination. This is an urgent situation that must be clarified prior to the election. Your answer to this question will impact the way our members and the public vote in the upcoming federal election. We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.
Vaccine Choice Canada
Board of Directors
“Those who have the privilege to know,
have the duty to act.”
Contact Information for the Parties
VCC sent e-mails to these parties included in survey:
- Conservative Party – email@example.com General Information write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- New Democratic Party – email@example.com General Information CanadasNDP-LeNPDduCanada@ndp.ca
- Liberal Party – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Green Party – email@example.com Director of Communications General Information firstname.lastname@example.org
- Communist Party of Canada – email@example.com
VCC asked these parties not included in survey for their stance on mandatory or required vaccination:
- Libertarian Party of Canada – firstname.lastname@example.org General Information use email form at www.libertarian.ca/contact_us
- Canadian Action Party Interim Leader Jeremy Arney – email@example.com
- Christian Heritage Party – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marxist-Leninist Party of Canada – email@example.com
Find your current Member of Parliament Here
Find a list of candidates for your area Here
Responses received by Vaccine Choice Canada
**UPDATE October 18, 2015**
The Canadian election is tomorrow and we have not heard from parties other than the two below re: our urgent question re: mandatory vaccination. We have mailed information packages to the parties and their health critics and will continue to attempt to get answers from the parties re: their stance on this urgent health issue.
Christian Heritage Party response received September 23, 2015:
“I have spoken to our leader and he advises that, although we don’t have a policy on mandatory vaccinations, he strongly opposes it and supports a family’s right to make decisions regarding their children’s health and education.” – Vicki Gunn, Executive Director Christian Heritage Party
CHP has also written about HPV Vaccination.
Canadian Action Party response received September 23, 2015:
Bearing in mind that the final jurisdiction for the health of Canadians actually is a Provincial or Territorial matter, and the Federal governments responsibility is to work with those bodies to protect Canadians from epidemics or poisonous foods etc., this is a clear example of the federal government overstepping it’s jurisdiction.
The health and well being of a family is the responsibility of that family, aided for sure by their CHOICE of doctor, be they naturopath or western style drug pushers. For some, the life long immunity that results from children catching the usual childhood sicknesses is way preferable to the constant use of vaccinations of very dubious quality and side effects, which it has been shown do not actually result in immunity at all.
It is not the business of government to dictate to families what they should or should not do in this field any more than it is to dictate to them that they actually have to follow any or a particular religion.
Maybe in some far future vaccinations will actually be not only safe to all, but also do what they claim to do, apart from making a very healthy profit to the big pharma corporations, and with the agreement of the Canadian people we could change our minds; but for today for most of the carefully thought out and expressed reasons above, we do not agree with the other parties corporate backing decisions.
So to clarify: The Canadian Action Party believes in the Constitutions of 1867 and 1982, the Bill of Rights and the Charter of Freedoms of Rights, and will oppose anything that infringes upon them. To this particular question the answer is a clear NO.
We are proud of the fact that with our party the Canadian people and their choices come first.
Please feel free to post this position to your website with the other responses.
Interim Leader of the Canadian Action Party.
“What is physically possible, desirable and morally right, we can make it financially possible through the Bank of Canada.”